CUSTOM HOMES THAT ARE BETTER FOR YOU AND YOUR COMMUNITY
With a smart approach to design your custom home can become a positive influence for many. Whether it is inspiring beauty or an environmentally sensitive footprint, a REDEFINE Custom Home can lead to better living for yourselves, your loved ones, and your community.
As a company, REDEFINE is committed to building custom homes that are as healthy as possible and minimize their ecological footprint. Homes built using conventional building methods can be very unhealthy and extremely resource intensive. In contrast, REDEFINE Custom Homes uses sustainable and healthier building materials as well as energy efficient and energy producing systems --- so we can create durable, comfortable, healthy, and energy efficient homes.
There are social values to building a REDEFINE Custom Home. Building sustainably reduces carbon emissions, city water usage, and energy demands on your community's power grid. Your REDEFINE Custom Home will also serve as an example to others. If everyone built a REDEFINE Custom Home, we would all significantly reduce our energy needs, noxious emissions, health costs associated with indoor air contaminants, landfill costs, and water requirements.
With REDEFINE you can live in a custom home where energy efficiency is tailored to your needs. Solar panels stream energy into your home as you use it and back into the grid when you don't. REDEFINE Custom Homes can reduce your utility bills by 50%, 75% or 100%.
During the architectural design phase of your custom home we will analyze your construction plans and daily household activities with energy modeling software to project your home's energy performance and annual energy costs. Based on the results, an independent Certified Home Energy Rater will award your custom home a HERS SCORE. We will use this data to design your custom home to meet your energy goals.
Breath fresh and clean air inside your home. We will guide you through the healthy selections --- from countertops made from recycled glass, formaldehyde free finishes, sustainably harvested flooring, to ductless heating and cooling systems. Relax in comfort knowing that your interior space is actually healthy for you.
Questions and Answers
Picking the right builder is a key step in the quest that points to your dream home. Asking us the questions underneath will assist you in determining if we are the right builder to construct your custom home — and give you trust in your choice.
What makes a custom home healthy?
A healthy home is well ventilated, clean, properly humidified, and free of toxins, dangerous gases, and pests. Above all, it’s a comfortable place to live. Good construction and ongoing maintenance can achieve these conditions even in older homes.
What are important practices in constructing a healthy custom home?
- It’s built tight to minimize infiltration
- Ventilation or fresh air intake is mechanically controlled
- There is minimal use of materials and products that degrade the quality of indoor air
What are the benefits of building a healthy custom home?
- Improved air quality means a comfortable living environment
- Less toxic materials and building products decrease indoor air pollution
- Energy efficiency often means less maintenance
What are typical components of a healthy custom home?
- Foundation waterproofing and moisture control
- Advanced framing techniques
- Air sealing and advanced insulation techniques
- Energy efficiency --- high performing windows, doors, etc...
- High efficiency air filtration, proper humidification, and whole house mechanical ventilation
- Non-toxic interior finishes, materials, and products
What are typical components of a sustainable custom home?
- Healthy indoor environment and air quality
- Renewable energy options
- Eenergy-efficient construction techniques and products
- Environmentally preferred materials
- Advanced design and proper site orientation
- Waste reduction and recycling practices during construction
- Water conservation practices